Our mission is to be the first and best point of contact for Montana’s burgeoning film industry. Combining the value of a full-service production studio and the state’s top western town with industry-leading capabilities in production planning, location services, and maximizing the value of Montana’s tax credits and other production incentives.
Our experienced staff understands the needs and requirements of physical production, working tirelessly to procure the perfect locations and realize even the most last minute requests for our clients.
We pride ourselves on the fact that our community knows they can count on us. We have connections with countless local vendors and tradesmen ready to bring their expertise to the table.
We’ll ensure filming runs smoothly, and act as a guide to all that Montana has to offer.
Production and Location Services
The western backlot is styled after a late 1800s gold rush town that uses five fully functional interior/exterior sets with some support buildings and façades to create the look of 28 unique structures set amongst rolling hills with a backdrop of glacier mountain peaks. Additional sets include a native camp, farmhouse, and multiple cabins.
The MEDIA Act provides for a 20% production expenditure tax credit, with additional components that can increase the transferable credit to a maximum of 35% of total base film production investment. Those add-on incentives can include:
- 25% of compensation for Montana resident crews
- 15% of compensation for non-Montana resident crew
- 30% of compensation paid to students
- 20% of above the line compensation per production or television series season, with ceiling
- 15% of compensation paid to actors
- 10% of payments to Montana colleges or universities
- 10% of all in-studio facility and equipment rental expenditures
- 5% of expenditures in a high poverty county
- 25% of post-production wages (Not effective until 2021)
- 5% for Montana screen credit
- Montana also has no sales tax, another major saving